Some great songs for you to check out below!
Listen to “Walk Away from the Sun” here!
1. Walk Away from the Sun, By Seether. One of the few songs I still call my favorite after so many years. The album is Finding Beauty in Negative Spaces, complete with a creepy little album cover. Nevertheless, it’s an amazing song, great lyrics, and guitar. I also am loving his voice. The genre is post-grunge/alternative metal. I’m not usually into those genres, but somehow this song just works for me. Give it a listen!
Listen to “Cinderella Man” here!
2. Cinderella man, by Eminem. Phenomenal song. Honestly, very song by Eminem is. To all hip hop fans, I guarantee you will love this song, and most likely the entire album. The album was the most best-selling album of 2010, and is one of my favorites of Eminem’s. However, it is really not one of those songs you would listen to over and over and still enjoy it.
Listen to “She Don’t Wanna Man” here!
3. She Don’t Wanna Man, by Asher Roth feat. Keri Hilson. Extremely catchy song, Asher Roth is a creative rapper, and Keri Hilson is a great singer. They make a dynamic pairing in this song. My only complaint is that it feels short.
Listen to “Gimme Sympathy” here!
4. Gimme Sympathy, by Metric. For a woman almost 40 now, Emily Haines and her band sound incredible. She has a great singing voice, completely untouched by auto tune. It’s a nice change. In case you haven’t heard of them, Metric is an indie Canadian rock band. Their album, Fantasies, is full of great Indie rock/New Wave songs. Check out this song, you will love it. It’s one of the first songs to get me into these genres.
Listen to “1980” here!
5. 1980, by Rehab. Rehab is a rock/rap band. This song is a long-time favorite of mine. Some of my favourite memories are of me and my best friend going through a phase where we’d sing it all the time. The rapping and beat are extremely catchy. Still haven’t gotten tired of it because of the memories it brings. If you like southern rock or hip hop, definitely listen to this song, and their album!
Got any songs you’d like me to give a listen? Leave a comment or contact me on Twitter!